The Drugstore Game
Before Wes got laid off, I had no coupon love. Coupons were the pretty papers that I threw away with the newspaper. They overwhelmed me and I figured that they were only for the expensive items that I didn’t need anyway. Then I was introduced to the drugstore game. I had no idea that there was a world of savings that a) would provide me with continually nearly free items every week and b) I could easily follow through a few simple online searches. Since joining the world of drugstore saving about a year ago, I estimate that I’ve saved our family over a thousand dollars in health and beauty products. Yep. Over a thousand dollars. If you’d like to join the game, I’m going to give you the simplest tutorial I know how and then leave it up to you to bring on the questions!
DRUGSTORE SHOPPING 101
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Start saving your Sunday coupons. For tips on how to organize them, go here.
- Plan your shopping trip in advance through reading this blog and looking at the store’s weekly and monthly flyers.
- Learn the art of stockpiling. The way to get the best deals is to buy what you need when you don’t need it.
- You will spend the least amount of money by rolling over the rewards you earn from one purchase onto the next.
- Stop by weekly to find the best deals. I will post them every Sunday.
I recommend starting with one store. As you feel like you are getting the hang of it, you can move onto the next! Here are my tutorials for specific stores:
Share and Enjoy
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. See my Disclosure Policy.